The MBA in Design Strategy community had its annual charrette night on Saturday, Feb 12th, 2011.
This year had a twist: competition!
Teams of CCA MBA in Design Strategy (dMBA) students and professionals from the industry squared off in a heated contest of design chops to see who could produce the mightiest game-changing ideas for solving wicked problems.
Round 1 of the Innovation Challenge was to design a solution for one of the following:
• report card for the 21st Century
• clear, easy-to-use sustainability product label
• more sustainable airline flight
• more sustainable shipping options
• health care program to combat obesity
• curriculum to insert into K-12 education
• transportation policy for a suburban city
• new corp structure that prioritizes sustainability
• www.schadenfreude.com website
Round 2 of the charrette was re-ideation and innovation of the Round 1 Challenge winners. The Judges for Round 1 were Nathan Shedroff, Teddy Zmrhal and Susan Worthman. The teams were judged based on originality, feasibility, creativity and sustainability. Round 2 was judged by round 1 judges and round 1 challenge winners.